Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Auld Lang Syne

Copyright © 2007-2010. Suburban Wildlife Garden. All Rights Reserved.

Happy New Year, Fellow Bloggers! I hope you are enjoying your holiday thus far.

Unfortunately my son's Grandfather and his wife were not able to travel down from Missouri after Christmas due to bad weather at that time. We definitely missed them.



True, it's a little more difficult to have a Merry Christmas with so few people at home, but not impossible. We invited friends over for dinner during the holidays. Then luckily, we were invited to a friend's party on Christmas Eve, which was very nice. We also went to The Long Center to see The Nutcracker Ballet, which was a real treat for my son.


On Christmas morning we ate our traditional breakfast of Egg Nog French Toast, exchanged gifts and watched a movie or two together. One of my favorite's is the 1951 version of A Christmas Carol.


I sincerely hope 2010 brings good luck, happier days, better health and a lot more love for everyone.





"The roses of Love glad the garden of life, Though nurtur'd 'mid weeds dropping pestilent dew, Till Time crops the leaves with unmerciful knife, Or prunes them for ever, in Love's last adieu!" Love's Last Adieu by Lord Byron

Copyright © 2007-2010. Suburban Wildlife Garden. All Rights Reserved.

9 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am glad you had a good Christmas despite not being able to host all of your family. Happy New Year.

Rock rose said...

Your Christmas decorations are lovely and festive. It sounds as though you had a good time visiting neighbors and a trip to the Nutcracker. Wishing you a Happy New Gardening Year.

Annie in Austin said...

That table with Christmas poinsettia and the glass case is stunning, Dawn. We also appreciate some kind friends who shared their Christmas...it's an odd time of year for people like us who live far away from their families.

Hope Twenty-Ten is a good one for you and yours,

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

Jayne Wilson said...

Happy New Year Dawn. I just found your blog and am looking forward to reading more this year.

ConsciousGardener said...

The decorations are beautiful, I love the berries. Thank you for posting the song and lyrics, I don't believe I'd ever read them before.

Wishing you the very best in the new decade!

rodeo Princess said...

Happy New Year to you, also!

A wildlife gardener said...

Happy New Year, dear Dawn :)

Great post with pretty photos too...

I love the song as it's from the land of my birth, Scotland, and always brings me back to happy days as we sing it at weddings and after ceilidhs and at New Year too, of course...

I invite you to come and enjoy the wildlife I've photographed over the past four weeks in temps of minus 20 degrees...

http://ourlittlecornerofparadise.blogspot.com/2010/01/importance-of-finding-beauty-in-light.html

A wildlife gardener said...

A quick hello on my once a month trip around Blogland..how are you? Are you no longer usinhg this blog? If so, where do I visit you now?

http://ourlittlecornerofparadise.blogspot.com/2010/02/flocks-of-pigeons-at-barleycorn.html

Dawn said...

Hi Lisa,
We enjoyed a quiet Christmas break, which is sometimes a nice t ype for us at any rate.

Thanks Jenny,
We'd never tried the Nutcracker before. My son simply loved it. I think we might take him to some live theatre now and see how that goes.

Dear Annie,
I know what you mean. We're very fortunate to have some neighborhood friends to share with here as well. We appreciate them because we've lived so far from our families (since 1989). Thank goodness for friends! :-)

Welcome Olive Tree Guitar Ensemble. I listened to some of your songs and you're group is extremely talented. Best of luck to you!

Hello Jayne & rodeo Princess! Thanks for dropping by. I hope you both visit again soon.

Many Thanks Cheryl,
I hadn't heard the entire song either; not until I found it on-line at any rate. What did we do before YouTube? ;-) Hope you're having a wondrous year thus far.

Hello Wildlife Gardener,
Ah, I love Scotland! My dh & I traveled there for our 10th anniversary. What fond memories of a beautiful place with such kind folks. And yes, I did check out your lovely blog photos once again. They are always a delight. :-)

BTW, thanks for inquiring about my absence, Wildlife Gardener. As of today, Feb.18th, I'm still going to the wound clinic for the problem that I mentioned in my October entry. Guess I've felt a bit discouraged this has been going on for four months now & time slipped away before I realized I had not updated my blog.

Anyway, I hope all of you are well and have a Happy & Healthy 2010.

Regards,
Dawn