Saturday, August 25, 2007

Bloggers for Positive Global Change Award

Copyright © 2007-2009. Suburban Wildlife Garden. All Rights Reserved.


I’d like to say a big "Thank you!" to Wild Flora's Wild Gardening for kindly honoring me with a Bloggers for Positive Global Change Award. This is one of the nicest compliments anyone has given my little blog and the very first award it’s ever received.


The progressive folks at Climate of Our Future created this award as a way to encourage "blogging with a purpose". Those who get the award may bestow it upon 5 other bloggers who they think are helping to “build awareness among their readership in order to create a more sustainable and enlightened future”.


* * * * *

The 5 bloggers I'd love to give a BPGC award to happen to be from 5 different countries...


* From organic veggies to guerrilla gardening, Andrea at
Heavy Petal in British Columbia, Canada is doing her part to change the world for the better. Andrea gives readers fun, realistic ideas that they can implement in their own lives.

* Libby from
Woodlands World has the best of both worlds in Wiltshire, England: flowers for beauty and a veggie patch with chickens for sustenance! I'm always interested in what project she is doing next. If we all would be half as clever as Libby the world really would be a happier, more creative place.

* At
Mary’s View you can see plants and animals both in and outside her gorgeous North Carolina, USA garden. Mary’s bird feeders and koi pond attract many different kinds of wild creatures to her colorful garden.

* Sanni’s
Stories from the Wild Garden blog is rich and full of color. If you’ve ever wanted to see what a wildlife-friendly garden looks like in Finland, go visit the paradise Sanni has created. Thankfully for me, Sanni writes her blog in English as well as Finnish.

*
Andrea’s garden blog will give you a lovely taste of life in South Germany. Andrea is a thoughtful lady who cares as much about her Environmental Footprint as she does the beauty of her garden.


* * * * *

If you’d like to participate in this meme here are the rules according to Climate of Our Future:

Meme Rules
It’s easy to participate in this meme. At minimum, you can proudly display the BPGC badge (it’s available in two varieties:
Transparent GIF and JPEG with white background) on your blog and bask in the glow of our collective good will. If you are sharing the kudos, however, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging.

1. When you get tagged, write a post with links to up to 5 blogs that you think are trying to change the world in a positive way.
2. In your post, make sure you link back to
this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Leave a comment or message for the bloggers you’re tagging, so they know they’re now part of the meme.
4. Optional: Proudly display the “Bloggers For Positive Global Change” award badge with a link to the post that you write up.


Enjoy!


"You must be the change you want to see in the world." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Copyright © 2007-2009. Suburban Wildlife Garden. All Rights Reserved.

4 comments:

Andrea's Garden said...

Thank you for the award! Green Thumb awarded me with it once before. I should put it on the blog, so readers can see it. Thanks! I appreciate it. Andrea

Sanna Tallgren said...

Oh! Thank you so much for this fine award. I´m very touched by your nice words when you describe my blog and my garden. This was really a surprice and the best award I´ve ever got!!

I just dont know, if I´m making any positive change, but I try :)

Mary said...

Hi Dawn,

I was so surprised to get your "heads up"! Thank you so much. I browsed the other blogs you honored and there is no doubt why you chose them!

I, on the other hand, am not active as some of them. In my own little space in the world, I do my best, like many of us do.

Soon, I will participate in the honoring. Give me a few days.

Thanks again,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Aw, shucks! I'm honoured. Thank you for your kind words.
Andrea (Heavy Petal)